Sunday, October 16, 2011

頭 (Kashira in Shimokitazawa)

らーめん 頭

DSC_9671.jpg

Even though we had just spent time eating and drinking at a 2-hour all-you-can-drink Okinawan place, then another few hours cracking macadamias (and drinking) at a Hawaiian spot, we went for ramen. This is a typical Tuesday in Tokyo.

DSC_9672.jpg

Where is everyone? What time is it?

DSC_9676.jpg

Ah, almost 2am, that would explain it. In America, the bars close at 2, and there is a vibrant food culture at that hour. In Japan, the bars stay open until whenever, but the trains stop at around midnight. So the drunken eats are usually done closer to home, further from the place of alcohol. Shimo is close enough for me to call home, so a bowl was in order.

DSC_9678.jpg

Kashira is your normal bowl of Kyushu tonkotsu (if I remember). The kakuni topping was great (if I remember).

DSC_9681.jpg

The shoyu version was heavy on the garlic (if I remember).

DSC_9673.jpg

I don't always bring my camera when I go out late. I will try to remember it more in the future. Because a lot of bowls simply get forgotten in the wee hours.



東京都世田谷区北沢2-16-6
Tokyo, Setagaya-ku, Kitazawa 2-16-6
Closest station: Shimo-Kitazawa

Open 11:00-4:00am

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wee hours, but I try not to eat ramen on the way home anymore. I got too old, and my ol' metabolism ain't what it used to be.

Ramen Adventures said...

It's unhealthy for sure. I usually drink a glass of juice with a vitamin powder mixed in afterwards, to counteract the negatives.