Monday, August 9, 2010

鶏の穴 (Torinoana in Ikebukuro)

鶏の穴

20100809-DSC_2407

Roughly translating to "Chicken's Hole", Torinoana was on my list for a long time. I adventured out with a new ramen friend I met at my recent kid's summer camp. No, I'm not hanging out, slurping noodles with 4 year olds. With the recent departure of Daniel, and the upcoming departure of Nate, I'm in need of new ramen friends!

20100809-DSC_2420

It's ramen time!

20100809-DSC_2416

The soup here is a thick chicken broth, very potage like. Very excellent. Very chicken-y. 2 kinds of chicken meat and an egg. I often have a problem with too much chicken oil, but it was fine here.

20100809-DSC_2412

The spicy bowl adds just a little kick, nothing major. Flip a coin, you'll be fine with either.

20100809-DSC_2419

"May the slurp be with you"

It took my 5 minutes to think of that. I'm not happy with myself. Give me a minute...

"You are part of the ramen alliance, and a noodler!"

You do better! Moving on...

20100809-DSC_2410

A cold summer bowl looks appealing. Umeboshi and fresh shiso leaf. It will be gone at the end of August though.

20100809-DSC_2421

By the way, if you bring your own chopsticks, you get a free topping.

3 comments:

PudgyM29 said...

I'll remember the bit about your own chopsticks. ;=))
Where is Nate going?
"Country Boy DH" (JiBeer.com) moved back to Kentucky, U.S.A.
Is Nate headed for Missouri? Or maybe China?

Ramen Adventures said...

Nate is back to school in New York I think. He's really smart, and was out here for graduate stuff.

MRatito said...

"Slurp, or slurp not. There is no 'try'".