Wednesday, December 23, 2009

赤のれん (Akanoren in Roppongi)

赤のれん

20091212-DSC_5219

I was walking with my friend K, and she wanted ramen. Badly. I was trying to remember the way to Gogyo, as we were walking in the horrid part of Tokyo known as Roppongi, but she wasn't having any of my adventurous ramen hunting antics. We stopped in at this place, which happened to be the nearest thing in line of sight.

20091212-DSC_5218

It's a chain place. There's one in Shibuya, one in Roppongi, and another near Tokyo station. This is a bad point, as those are all just places to get unknowing suckers to come to the store. Even worse, unknowing drunk suckers, as these are spots for plentiful boozing and, minus the Tokyo area, all night clubbing.

20091212-DSC_5215

For a boring, underachieving bowl.

20091212-DSC_5213

The ramen here is not recommended. Drunk club goers in Roppongi might stumble in here at all hours of the night, but I don't want to be part of that. The shop even smelled bad, but that could be said of most tonkotsu ramen shops.

Turns out Gogyo was about 3 minutes walk from this spot.

It's been a bad couple weeks for stinky Kyushu style ramen it seems.

More Shop Info Here

2 comments:

eater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramen Adventures said...

If you disagree, please tell me why. I am honestly curious as to why this place is popular.