Sunday, May 31, 2009

だるま (Daruma Ramen in Akihabara)

だるま

DSC_1484
(hard to describe, check the link at the bottom. It's near Akihabara station.


You know you're in Akihabara when you see this in a ramen shop.

DSC_1483

Sexy anime girl toys. Speaking of hot, this ramen was hot. Not the sexy kind, but the scalding oil variety of hot.

DSC_1480

I've never had a tonkotsu with half an inch of boiling oil on top. The best way to cool it off was to load on the toppings. Standard fare here, but this time you get your own mortar and pestle to crush the sesame seeds and garlic. Fun!

DSC_1479

The guys next to me were trading collectible maid cosplay cards.

DSC_1482

This shop was right in the middle of the Akihabara madness. I bought some cheap SD cards next door. Just down the street is Super Potato, your retro gaming one-stop superstore. There was a guy dressed as Pikachu handing out cakes on the road. I like it here.

Trouble finding the shop? It's right under a giant adult movie store. Enjoy!

DSC_1485

The ramen was standard. I think the hot oil on top takes a lot of the flavor away. Maybe that's because my taste buds were singed off though.

Store Info Link

5 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Hi Brian, finally a ramen I tried! This place must be a chain because I had it in Honatsugi station a few years back. Wasn't too memorable to me either, the biggest impression the little suribachi with goma.. Man, I miss Tokyo..

Nate said...

oh man! i love super potato! last time i was there i got to the end of level three on final fight...

Bashico said...

great job! I enjoyed your photos. Keep on eating ramen.

B

PudgyM29 said...

Is it on Chuo Dori?
Oh dear. My last two visits to Tokyo, I have not gone shopping for AVs in Akihabara at all.
What was the AV shop's name? Was it Sofmap or MAX?

Ramen Adventures said...

@Dennis - Yeah, it's a chain.

@PudgyM29 - I have no idea which AV shop it is. There are a few on that street.