Monday, February 6, 2017

純 (Jun at the Tokyo Ramen Street)

とんこつらーめん 俺式 純

DSCF4452.jpg

I had plans to take my friends on a ramen adventure. We'd wait in a long line and slurp something tasty, you know, Tokyo style ramen hunting.

But this was November 24th, 2016, the first November day in 52 years with snow in Tokyo. Waiting outside in a long line wasn't ideal.

DSCF4459.jpg

To the Tokyo Ramen Street! I haven't been in a while, and the shops are slowly changing. Of the eight current shops, I've only been to half.

DSCF4453.jpg

Jun is a tonkotsu style from the Setagaya group. It was very standard. Not that that is a bad thing; I find most tonkotsu style ramen in Tokyo to be very standard.

DSCF4449.jpg

The shop's original spice mix is a welcome addition.

Personally, if I had to recommend a shop at the Tokyo Ramen Street, I would go with Soranoiro.

DSCF4458.jpg

東京都千代田区丸の内1-9-1
Tokyo Station

Open 10:30-23:30