Monday, May 9, 2016

真武咲弥 (Shinbusakiya in Shibuya)

真武咲弥渋谷店

DSCF5911.jpg

The search for good miso ramen in Tokyo is never ending.

DSCF5910.jpg

Sometimes you hope that the quest will be easy. Nothing is easier than a shop that sits adjacent to Shibuya Station. A shop that is open until 7am on weekends (only 5am on weekdays).

DSCF5914.jpg

Shinbusakiya is part of the Samurai group. I might have been to one of these shops many, many years ago. Well, my opinion on chains, or restaurant groups in general, is usually biased to the negative. I like mom and pop ramen shops, just like most of my readers tend to do.

DSCF5918.jpg

Shinbusakiya wasn't a bad bowl, but it was nothing stellar. I'd consider it if I was out clubbing at nearby Dogenzaka and had missed my last train. Yeah, this would be an excellent pre-hangover tincture.

This one is Sapporo style, a little oily, with a strong miso taste. Cut it with fresh ginger.

DSCF5919.jpg

Although I shy away from franchise shops, one cool thing about all that organization and money is that they can give back to the community. Helping children's welfare in Cambodia is a good cause.

DSCF5921.jpg

I like that you can donate directly from the ticket machine.

DSCF5908.jpg

Official site here.

Map of 2 Chome-10-3 Dōgenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tōkyō-to 150-0043

東京都渋谷区道玄坂2-10-3
Tokyo, Shibuya-ku, Dogenzaka 2-10-3
Closest station: Shibuya

Open 11:00-5:00am
Friday and Saturday until 7:00am
Sunday until 2:00am



No comments: