Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ばんから (Bankara in Tachikawa)

My new favorite shop in Tachikawa! I've been there 3 weeks in a row but never had my camera.



ばんから

Bankara is truly excellent.



They have 2 top items on their menu. Today is going to be the tonkotsu soup. The broth is like butter, almost pure white stuff that just coats your taste buds.



There are a couple kinds of pork. The regular slice and then a huge... slab of roasted meat. If you tap it lightly with your chopsticks, it will fall apart into your soup.



Everything on the menu here is great. They even have a few rice side dishes, one with mountain vegetables on top. I'm never quite hungry enough to spend the extra yen for that, but maybe I'll make an exception next time.

From the north exit of Tachikawa station, follow the road to the left along the tracks. It's about 2 minutes.




No comments: